From your PTL President, Sarah Harr:
The 2019-2020 school year has been a tremendous success thus far, thanks to all of you who have volunteered your time, your efforts, and your financial resources!
Thanks to all of you, this school year we have been able to...
- Offer $100 to every BCA teacher for beginning-of-the-year supplies.
- Create a Gaga Ball pit near the playground.
- Purchase new Chromebooks for all the middle school students, thereby giving all the elementary students access to their own hand-me-down Chromebooks.
- Resurface the back parking lot in preparation for painting recess games.
- Financially support the school-wide field trip to the Tivoli for the Young People's Concert, and provide donations to the CSO woodwind and string quartets for their appearances at BCA.
- Assemble a float for the East Ridge Christmas Parade that won 2nd place!
- Fully fund guest visual artists, musical groups, and non-profit STEM organizations to come to BCA for National Lutheran Schools Week 2020.
- Purchase round outdoor picnic tables to use as an outdoor teaching/eating space, as well as additional seating for special events - happening Summer 2020!
- Build a covered area over the picnic tables to increase their versatility - happening Summer 2020!
- Install more interactive playground components for the K-8 students - happening Summer 2020!
- Create a track around the soccer field for athletics and for leisurely walking - happening Summer 2020!
Thank you to our PTL board for the hard work they are doing to promote the growth and success of BCA in the community. With the help of our students, families, and volunteers, the PTL has been able to accomplish more than ever!
If you haven't done so already, please sign up on our volunteer page for your minimum of 8 annual service hours. The number of volunteer opportunities are decreasing as our 2019-20 school year comes to a close. Remember, the class with the highest percentage of parent participation receives $500 toward anything they want for the upcoming school year - upgraded classroom equipment, a special field trip - there are no limits to what they can do! :)
God's blessings as we finish this school year strong!
All BCA families are strongly encouraged to volunteer for a minimum of 8 service hours throughout the school year. To simplify the volunteer sign-up process, our PTL is using SignUp Genius to allow families to choose a specific event, how they want to help, and the amount of time they are available to help - all in one place! This information is maintained by the PTL, and volunteers will be contacted within 2 weeks of their event to confirm volunteer assignments and answer questions.
Volunteer hours can be earned by helping at any event listed on SignUp Genius, such as setting up, cleaning up, or helping during an event. Parents who volunteer as homeroom parent helpers may also earn service hours by coordinating or setting up for a class party. Additionally, service hour opportunities will be offered throughout the school year to help with grounds cleanup (mulching, weeding, planting, etc.), bulletin boards, PTL closet organization and other time-sensitive tasks.
The class with the highest percentage of parent volunteer involvement at the end of the school year will receive a special privilege - field trip, special event, class party, etc. What a wonderful way to recognize our BCA parents and families for their hard work!
Click on the circle below to sign up online to volunteer!
PTL Mission Statement:
The Belvoir Christian Academy PTL works for your child by maintaining close working relationships between parents, teachers, staff, and all BCA students, to enhance the Christian educational experience by providing equipment, services, and fellowship events to build school spirit and relationships within the BCA family.
The purpose of the PTL is to encourage and cultivate high standards of Christian education; to promote open communication and good will among parents, teachers, administration, school board, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, and First Lutheran Church; and to encourage parental participation in school events.
While our teachers and staff will ensure that your child receives an excellent education, the parents who volunteer on our Parent Teacher League will work to provide children, parents, and the East Ridge community with fun and exciting events that will positively affect your child's experience at BCA. Involvement in the PTL is the best way to not only connect with other BCA parents and families, but also to spend more time with your child(ren), through the variety of PTL-sponsored activities offered throughout the school year.