From Re-Enrollment to Continuous Enrollment:
“Set it and forget it.”
Each year we ask our families to walk through the re-enrollment process even though most of our families have little change from year to year. Our admissions team has worked diligently to make the yearly re-enrollment process as painless as possible. We also need time to plan in order to hire and retain the very best teachers and utilize our resources more effectively. Continuous Enrollment makes things even easier for BCA families and rewards such great school loyalty. That’s why we’re launching Continuous Enrollment!
CLICK HERE TO complete the CONTINUOUS ENROLLMENT CONTRACT .
CONTINUOUS ENROLLMENT FAQS
What is Re-enrollment?
Re-enrollment is an annual data collection process that schools use to update enrollment records of the current student body. This information is used as the school makes plans for the following school year. Basically, the simple question is: “Are you coming back to BCA next year?” For our leadership team at Belvoir Christian Academy, we need to know how many students we will have on the first day of school.
Why do we go through Re-enrollment each year?
Re-Enrollment is an important part of each school year. BCA leadership does a lot of planning to ensure that we’re prepared to fulfill our mission excellently every year. Until BCA families “sign on the line” that they’re coming back each year, we can’t make solid plans for staffing, programs, materials, curriculum and facility usage. We take the stewardship of tuition dollars entrusted to us every year very seriously. We want to invest these tuition dollars wisely so that we can provide the best education possible for our students.
Why Continuous Enrollment?
Up until this point, re-enrollment has been an “opt-in” program. We annually ask every family, “Are you coming back?” In a sense, we’ve been penalizing the vast majority of families by requiring you all to go through this process every year.
By signing your Continuous Enrollment contract, you will be flipping that script. Rather than an opt-IN annual re-enrollment process, BCA’s annual re-enrollment will become an OPT-OUT process. In other words, if you’re coming back after signing your “Continuous Enrollment Contract,” you’ll never have to worry about this again.
So after this year, what will the “Re-enrollment Season” look like?
Once all of our families are on the “Continuous Enrollment Program,” the typical re-enrollment season (January through February) will simply be a communication reminder from the Enrollment Office informing the families that might be thinking about leaving our school to notify us prior to the end of February. This means the vast majority of BCA families will have the convenience of ignoring this message and doing absolutely no paperwork! For kindergarten through eighth grade, simply make plans to pay the 5% enrollment deposit by March 1 each year.
What’s the penalty if I break this contract?
Forkindergarten through eighth grade, the same as it was last year - 1 month oftuition if after March 1; 2 months of tuition if on or after August 1. BCAfamilies that are re-enrolled, but break the contract by disenrolling theirstudent(s) after the specified date will be contractually obligated to pay 1 or2 month(s) of tuition. While the penalty may seem steep, many schools require asemester or even a year of tuition once a family is enrolled for the followingyear .
What about unique circumstances?
Families often plan on keeping their child/ren at BCA until they graduate, but God may have other plans for families. In unique circumstances that arise, we have built flexibility into the Continuous Enrollment contract.
The following unique circumstances, for families withdrawing after March 1, will be considered for exemption of the financial tuition penalty:
• Moving/Relocation 30+ miles away from Belvoir Christian Academy.
• Educational needs for the student that can no longer be met at Belvoir Christian Academy as determined by Administration.
• Disenrollment at the request of Belvoir Christian Academy.
• Other unforeseen circumstances that our Board of Directors may approve.
Under these unique circumstances, only those payments which will bring the tuition balance to a current status based on the school’s fiscal year will be required.
What will the Continuous Enrollment Contract look like?
• I hereby opt into continuous enrollment. This means that my BCA student(s) will keep coming back to BCA every year unless I tell the school otherwise.
• I understand that I have until the end of February every year to notify the Belvoir Christian Academy Business Office of any changes in my plans of enrollment for my child(ren).
• If I breach this contract by disenrolling my kindergarten through eighth grade child(ren) after March 1, I understand that I will be contractually obligated to pay 1 month of tuition as a penalty.
• If I breach this contract by disenrolling my kindergarten through eighth grade child(ren) on or after August 1, I understand that I will be contractually obligated to pay 2 months of tuition as a penalty.
• If I breach this contract by disenrolling my infant through eighth grade child(ren), I understand that a two week notice of withdrawal is required. Monies owed will be the cost of tuition based on the number of weeks attended, including the two week notice.
• Unique Circumstances. Belvoir Christian Academy recognizes that family plans change. For any unique circumstances (as listed above) families disenrolling after the announced deadline will be exempt from the 1 or 2 month(s) tuition penalty.
When will this take place?
Continuous Enrollment will start in January 2020. Contracts and enrollment deposits (for kindergarten through eighth grade) are due by March 1. We look forward to serving BCA families in this way and making the process even more convenient!
How do we notify the school if we are not planning to return the following year?
We have created an easy one-page opt-out form for your use. To notify the school that your child will not be returning in the fall, simply email [email protected] to request this form. The Business Office will schedule an appointment with the Principal for you to sign the form. This form and meeting must be completed by the March 1 opt-out deadline.
How do I benefit from this process?
Simplicity. Continuous Enrollment eliminates the annual re-enrollment process and paperwork involved.
Guaranteed placement. Placement in next year’s class is an increasingly sought-after spot. By opting into continuous enrollment, you’ll be locking down that coveted seat for your child until graduation.
What does this mean for new families?
New families will sign the Continuous Enrollment contract at the time they enroll their child(ren). This new contract replaces the former enrollment contract which was previously used for all families.
What is the process for updating my information after I am continuously enrolled?
Parents may log into and update their information in HeadMaster any time during the year, and may also contact the school office with additional updates.
Each summer, we will ask parents to review and verify additional information through HeadMaster online as well as update information that requires annual submission. Parents will receive an email in July with a link to this verification process.
OK. Great! How do I sign up for this?
The BCA Enrollment Office will send you an E-mail with easy step-by-step instructions through the process. It will only take you a couple of minutes. You’ll have until March 1 to complete it.
Who do I speak to if I have questions or concerns?
For questions about Continuous Enrollment, please contact Emily Patton at [email protected] or 423-622-3755, Ext. 12.