calendar and school hours
School hours 2020-2021
DROP-OFF and PICK-UP TIMES and LOCATIONS:
School for K - 8th begins at 8:15 a.m. Doors open at 8 a.m. for those who do not need early morning care.
Students in Kindergarten - 8th grade may arrive for early morning care at 7 a.m. (held in the cafeteria) and may stay in after school care (also in cafeteria) until 6 p.m. See Extended Care options.
COVID-19 screening for children and staff:
Children and staff will be screened upon arrival. Children and staff who have a fever of 100.4 or above or other signs of illness will not be admitted. Parents must be on alert for signs of illness in their children and must keep them home when they are sick. Even if the child does not have a temperature, but appears sick (cough, runny nose, etc.) the Principal and Child Care Director have the right to deny the child’s attendance for that day or days thereafter.
Staff or parent volunteers will be outside for drop-off and the students will be screened exiting the vehicle for K - 8th grade students.
- Infants - PK4 - Lower/back parking lot - Parents must come in through triple doors under the carport and sign in/out their child. A BCA staff member will take children to their classroom from the sign-in desk. PK3 and PK4 must be here by 8:15 a.m. during the school year.
- Kindergarten: - Lower/back parking lot - will use Lane 4 for drop-off
- 1st – 4th: Will use parking lot in front of school
- 5th – 8th: Will enter through the double doors at the right end of the front of the school, next to the wooden bridge that connects the BCA sidewalk to Good Shepherd Lutheran Church parking lot. PARK IN THE GSLC PARKING LOT.
Pick-Up Locations and Times:
- Infants - PK4 - pick up daily no later than 6 p.m. (same location as drop-off above)
- Kindergarten will dismiss at 2:50 p.m. each day and will be picked up in the back parking lot.
- 1st and 2nd grades dismiss at 2:50 p.m. in the front parking lot.
- 3rd and 4th grades will dismiss at 3 p.m. in the front parking lot
- 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grades will dismiss at 3:20 p.m. in the Good Shepherd parking lot.
WEDNESDAYS EARLY DISMISSAL FOR K - 8th:
Each Wednesday, kindergarten – 8th graders will be dismissed 30 minutes early to allow for teacher meetings.
Kindergarten – 2nd will dismiss on Wednesdays at 2:20 p.m.3rd and 4th will dismiss on Wednesdays at 2:30 p.m.5th – 8th graders will dismiss on Wednesdays at 2:50 p.m.K - 8th grade students who need after care during this 30-minute period on Wednesdays will not be charged for after-care.
Pre-K3 and Pre-K4
If your child is enrolled in our Pre-K3 or Pre-K4 program, please have them here by 8:15 as well. Parents may have them here as early as 6:30 a.m., but for those who are dropping off for school hours, students must be in their classroom by 8:15 a.m. Weekly tuition includes the academic portion and any before and after care.
School closing policy due to inclement weather: As wintry weather becomes a threat each year, we will keep families informed of school closings by email, texts from teachers, posts on our website as well as on our social media pages. We also contact the main local radio and television stations to post closing information. We do not always follow Hamilton County's closing policy, as their decisions are based on student transportation.