We are glad to have new students and their families join Belvoir Christian Academy! We hope this will be a great beginning to your child’s education. While our teachers and staff will ensure that your child receives a excellent education, the parents who volunteer on our Parent-Teacher League work to provide children, parents and the community with several fun and exciting events that will enhance your child's experience here at BCA. The best way to meet other parents is to become involved with the activities that PTL has planned for the year. Everyone is welcome to the event planning meetings, generally held each month. Please look for meeting dates/times to be posted in the school’s weekly newsletter as well as on the main page of the website.
Purpose of PTL:
- To encourage and cultivate high standards of Christian education.
- To promote open communication and good will among parents, teachers, administration, school board, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church and First Lutheran Church.
- To encourage parental participation in school events
The BCA Parent-Teacher League Mission Statement:
Belvoir Christian Academy PTL works for your child by maintaining close working relationships between parents, teachers, staff and all BCA infants - 8th grade students to enhance the Christian educational experience by providing equipment, services and fellowship events to build school spirit and relationships within the BCA family.
Belvoir Christian Academy/Children’s Christian Center PTL GOALS
- Budget Reviews
- Review past financial statements to determine which fundraising efforts were most successful.
- Establish annual budget and evaluate throughout the year.
- Develop and document Standard Operating Procedures throughout the year.
- Develop BCA Ambassador Program to complement work of Development/Admissions to:
- Build School Pride and Improve Retention and Satisfaction of existing BCA Families
- Recruit and increase number of new students to BCA.
- Ambassador Families and Students would be chosen from existing families.
- Help develop and establish a Volunteer Tutoring Program to be held in the library 2-3 days per week.
- Help to build upon the existing library program.
PTL Board Members
President is Christy Rodgers and Treasurer is Nolan A. Polley. Our Teacher Liaisons will be Ed Silva, 1st grade teacher, representing our K - 8th grade, and Jamie Sunderland, PK2 teacher, who will represent our Infant - PK4 families.
To learn more about PTL or to learn about volunteer opportunities, contact PTL President, Christy Rodgers at 423-413-5832 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Box Tops and Campbell’s Labels Contest – Please continue to collect Box Top and Campbell’s/Labels for Education labels. The class that turns in the most combined labels will receive their choice of an ice cream or pizza party, compliments of PTL.
The Box Tops for Education program is cash-based, and we receive two checks per year.
The Labels for Education is also cash-based, but is given in the form of a VISA gift card, but we can also choose classroom supplies from their online catalog by redeeming points earned from the label collection. Thank you for your continued support of the program! Each label earns money and needed items for BCA students!
As of Aug. 31, 2016, the Labels for Education program has come to a close, as the organization will be taking a different direction in how they will offer support to schools, but we will still collect labels until summer 2017. The company is giving schools a final opportunity to turn in any labels they have collected until that time.
The BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION LABEL COLLECTION PROGRAM WILL CONTINUE!
We also collect Coke Rewards points, so be sure to enter the CODES that are under the caps to help BCA earn money. Learn more and start an account HERE.
PTL MEETING TIMES and DATES
Our PTL Board encourages ALL PARENTS (and grandparents!) as well as BCA teachers/staff to attend the PTL meetings. To ensure that everyone has an opportunity to attend, the meeting times and days will vary. For example, some meetings may be held after school, beginning at 3:30 p.m., or in the evening at 5 p.m. or 6 p.m. Meeting dates will be listed on the main page of our website, posted on our Facebook page, sent by email and published in the weekly newsletter.